Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Blog Posting from Ethan"















[This blog entry written by Ethan Collings Hawkins]

I've been in Bhutan for 2 weeks and this trip is pretty fun. I play soccer, I mean football every day with the local kids. I also play a game called badminton. It is a pretty cool sport. The kids here are so good, they cream the adults. In your face adults!!! The first kid I met here was named Samuel. He is 14 and plays wicked soccer. Since I'm playing 2-4 hours of soccer every day, I think I'm getting better too. There are three dogs here. One is named Boss, because he leader and helps keep mean dogs away. When you first look at him, he looks like a 20ft. demon sent from hell. Then, You get used to him when you pet him. Then, you think he looks like a very territorial bunny rabbit. We call him Boss Dog. There is another boy-dog named Tommy. He has spotted legs an black and white fur. (Boss is all black.) He is Mom's favorite dog, until he decided to take the 1-3 AM barking shift. Another annoying thing he does is lay down and take a nap in the middle of our game. Badminton or soccer. Only Samuel can move him. Other than that, he is a great dog . There is another dog named Puppy. We called her Calypso. She had babies, but they were stolen by a gang of older kids who go around at night stealing stuff, then selling them at the market. She is probably the most peaceful dog. She is the first dog we saw. All three belong to Samuel. If he whistles, they come pelting at full speed towards him. Samuel owns another dog name Happy. Happy messed up his leg when he was a puppy they took him to the vet, but unfortunately I'm leaving before I could see him. There are dogs that come and go, at the end usually chased off by Boss Dog. Don't argue with him. There are some cats that come by. If you want to know how they ended up, watch Tom and Jerry. There is a clever cat that always outsmarts Boss Dog. We call him Kitty. He visits sometimes. Enough with animals. Let's move on with kids. There is a kid named Dowa. He is my age (6th grade) and plays really good soccer. I'm assuming he likes Spider-man, because thats the only logo on his shirts. The logo on probably every other kid in the country is Ben 10. That cartoon is probably more famous than some of the actors here. There are Ben 10 shirts, pants, shoes, even commercials! Well that's enough for this blog. More about the other kids in the next blog.


2 comments:

  1. I love your post Ethan, I can picture the "dog cartoon" happening as I read it. KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Ethan - really filled in my picture of your life there. I especially love picturing the 20-foot demon / territorial bunny. I can't wait to hear more when you get back home!

    ReplyDelete