Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Kai's Blog Post"












[This blog written by Kai Collings Hawkins]

Welcome to the Thunder Dragon!

In "Enter the Thunder Dragon" you will find out about chortens, monasteries, stupas, and much, much, much, more.

Starting where I live, "Kai!" There are kids, dogs, and a lot of pigeons. Usually, the pigeons are near my apartment, where a lady upstairs drops down food for them. And, whenever they get scared from where the food is, it feels like a blowdryer, and it sounds super loud.

There are a lot of dogs here, named Boss Dog, and Puppy, and Tommy. When we were walking to a restaurant, Tommy walked with us halfway there. Puppy was the first dog we met here. Boss Dog was second.

We have been in many places, like a huge 50 meter tall Buddha. And, on our way to Bhutan, we stopped by Bangkok and we saw the Reclining Buddha.

I went rafting here at 8 years old. It's really fun! In America, you have to be 10 years old, or older, to go rafting. And while we were rafting, we were on a camping trip. There was a whole lot of sand there, so me, Ethan and Noah made the biggest sand kingdom we've ever made. And then, on an eddy, there was an island where we made a small castle with a couple of battle forts. I was really hoping there was marshmallows to put over the fire, but there wasn't, so we just caught the ends of sticks on fire. And then, we threw pine needles in the fire and they burned and made a lot of smoke.

Behind the market here in Thimphu, there is a whole lot of souvenir shops where I got a long bow and arrows and arrow points. Ethan got a knife, the handle is made of yak bone, and the rest is made of silver, and Noah got a dragon shirt.

At the camping spot, they had a long bow and arrows and a target, and I started shooting the long bow and arrows. And they also had darts, so I learned to throw them.

Today is last day at Bhutan, so I'm finishing up my Blog. I'm probably going to write another one in Vietnam (that's where we are going next). I'm going to be really sad about leaving Tommy, Puppy, Boss Dog, and all of my friends. So, I think I'm going to go buy Tommy, Boss Dog and Puppy a bone and I'm going to leave my toys for all my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Kai!! It is wonderful to hear from you about your trip. Vance received your postcard and reads it over and over again. He loves hearing about your adventures. We will write you back when he gets home. He is at Camp Lake James camp this week learning how to be a pioneer! Love, Kara

    ReplyDelete